A healthy and sustainable weight loss is the combination of healthy eating and exercising. Simple tricks and tips like detoxifying waters and drinks can only support the process. Here are three very popular weight loss drinks that are not really helping you lose weight.
As per a recent post by Dr Siddant Bhargava, “When will we stop looking for quick hacks to lose weight? 3 drinks are popularly known for their ‘weight loss benefits, which seriously don’t work. The only thing that will help you lose weight is being consistent in a calorie deficit”.
1. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has been a popular drink for weight loss. It has various health benefits including taking care of your heart health and reducing your diabetes risk. But talking about weight loss, ACV can not actually help.
ACV can make one feel fuller for longer but it cannot change their body mass index. In fact, its consumption can lead to acidity, digestive issues and oral health problems in many people. It can also react with other medications like laxatives and insulin.
2. Green tea
Green tea is one of the most popular drinks for weight loss. Some people consume 3-4 cups and even more of it in the hope to lose weight. It’s true that green tea is “health in one perfectly brewed cup”.
But drinking a glass of green in the morning cannot help your weight loss. Green tea can raise your metabolic rate so that you drink too much of it, which is not safe.
3. Ginger, honey and lemon water
A hot cup of ginger, honey and lemon water is tasty and soothing. People feel drinking it on an empty stomach can help with weight loss. But that’s not true. The drink has a good amount of nutrients, it’s good for your immunity and keeps you hydrated. But again, the drink can do no magic when it comes to burning fat.
- China forcing migration of Uyghur Muslims from Xinjiang, says report – Times of India
- “They are just too strong” – Michael Owen predicts the result for Chelsea vs Manchester United
- #VicKat wedding: Everything about Katrina Kaif’s ₹1 lakh Rajasthani Mehendi
- Nagaland takes travel inspiration from USA’s Sturgis, aims for off-road tourism
- Should you buy Apple stock as it nears a breakout? | Invezz
- Ed Orgeron will not coach LSU in bowl game: ‘I’m packing to go to Destin’