The Supreme Court of India will deliver its verdict on the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid title dispute today. A Constitution bench of 5 judge bench comprising of Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi & Justices S.A.Bobde, D Y Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan
NEW DELHI: Ahead of the Supreme Court verdict in the decades-old Ayodhya land dispute case, security forces have beefed up security as the home ministry continues to monitor the situation. The ruling will come at 10:30 AM by a bench headed by the outgoing Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi.
Meanwhile, the situation at ground zero in Ayodhya remains poised as security has been beefed up, “victory celebrations” and “mourning processions” have been banned.
A Constitution bench of 5 judge bench comprising of Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi & Justices S.A.Bobde, D Y Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and S Abdul Nazeer will pronounce the much-anticipated verdict after a marathon hearing on day to day basis for 40 days.
The judgment was reserved on October 16. UP Chief Secretary and Director General, Police were called by the Chief Justice in New Delhi on Friday to discuss overall law and order situation in the State
Here’s all that is happening as India’s awaits the historic judgment:
*Senior advocates Rajeev Dhavan for the Sunni Wakf Board and CS Vaidyanathan for the Hindu side arrive in Supreme Court.
“I appeal to my countrymen that it should be our priority to strengthen our tradition of maintaining peace and harmony. In the run-up to Ayodhya verdict, efforts have been made by various people and organisations to maintain harmony. We have to maintain amity even after the verdict.”–Prime Minister Narendra Modi
*Ahead of the ruling in the Ayodhya land dispute case, Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi, CJI-designate S A Bobde and Justice Ashok Bhushan got an unprecedented briefing from UP’s chief secretary and director general of police on Friday on steps taken to ensure law and order in Ayodhya.
* RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to address the media at 1 pm today, following Supreme Court judgment in Ayodhya land case.
* Mahant Satyendra Das, Chief Priest of the makeshift Ram temple in Ayodhya: I appeal to all to respect the Supreme Court verdict and maintain peace. Prime Minister has rightly said that the Ayodhya verdict will not be anyone’s loss or victory. (ANI)
* Ashutosh Pandey, ADG UP Police and special in charge of Ayodhya security , spoke to AIR about the level of preparedness.
He said, different tiers of security zone have been set up, each visitor is being scanned. Devotees are coming and having darshan and there is no panic situation in Ayodhya.
*DGP UP, OP Singh said:
- 40 companies of security forces have been provided by the center
- Special vigil is being maintained on more than 670 persons on social media
- If the need arises the internet can be stopped
- Temporary prisons created in every district of the state
- Special focus on 31 sensitive districts
- Section 144 already imposed in every district of state.
*60 companies of security personals including PAC, CRPF, and RAF jawans have been mobilized for Ayodhya.25 companies were already deployed in Ayodhya. Apart from this around 1200 constables, 250 Sub inspectors, 11 Additional SP, 20 Dy SP, and 2 SP level officials are already deployed in security.
Reference: Ayodhya Land Dispute LIVE
I am Blogger, Share my views and stories to help people around me. Reach out to me in case you have something I can help with.