The city that is synonymous with adventure, Rishikesh is located in the Himalayas and one of the most prominent towns for both thrill-seekers and pilgrims. Sitting on the banks of the river Ganga, the town is both a spiritual hub and a popular tourist destination. The city is most popular for its many yoga retreats and tracking schools. However, adventure like ziplining in Rishikesh does not take a back seat. The city is one of the best destinations to try this, setting it apart as a memorable experience.
The adventure spirit wants many crave when they visit Rishikesh. Whitewater rafting, camping, hiking, and ziplining are all options that one can indulge in. One can find excellent package deals and try their hands on all of these and make your travels a wholesome experience. Here is what you need to know if you are looking to zipline.
About Ziplining in Rishikesh
Being able to zipline in the mountains, through the clouds is a surreal experience. This can be done at Shivpuri which is one of the best places for ziplining in Rishikesh. The zipline managed by “Flying Fox Asia” is a highly experienced center for ziplining in Rishikesh. Situated on the banks of the gorgeous river Ganga, one can zoom above the river on this stunning zipline. This zipline is over 500 meters long, with breathtaking views of the dense greenery and the white rapids of the mighty river below. Nowhere else in the world can such a rustic view be recreated.
Pricing and Timing
The zip line is functional between 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM on all days. Present in the town of Shivpuri, the location is around 16 kilometers from Rishikesh but can be easily done by road. Be sure to block your spot ahead of time to ensure a ride. The price for ziplining in Rishikesh is only around INR 1,000/- and might go up to INR 1,500/- if booked via an agent. The booking can be done on the website using a simple form.
Highlights For Ziplining In Rishikesh
Here are a few highlights of Ziplining in Rishikesh:
- It is on a cliff at a great height and zips past the river Ganga below. Ziplining in Rishikesh, downstream the river is an iconic landmark of the city.
- Children below the age of twelve are not allowed to take part in this activity. Even with the consent of an adult, the organization does not allow it.
- The zipline will take you past some tall trees, infinite greenery, and the biggest highlight is the white-water rapids of the Ganga river below.
- The ride will last only a short time to pay attention to the view on all sides.
- A demo will be shown before the attempt to explain the process.
- Any individuals above the weight of 120 kilograms are now allowed on the zipline. You must also be taller than 4Ft 7in. Please ensure this before you read the destination to spare you the inconvenience.
- The whole process from check-in to the end will take you around forty-five minutes.
- The location for ziplining in Rishikesh is Camp Panther, twenty minutes from the main town of Rishikesh. You can easily find this location on google maps along with ziplining in Rishikesh reviews.
- Be sure to book in advance, there is no guarantee of getting a spot for walk-in guests.
- Arrive at least half-an-hour before your designated time.
Suggested Read: 6 Best Cottages In Rishikesh For Homely Vibes & Blissful Stay
Tips For Ziplining In Rishikesh
Here are some handy tips for ziplining in Rishikesh:
- Pay attention when your instructor is teaching you how to zipline. Even if you have been on a zipline before, ziplining in Rishikesh is a whole different ball game.
- If you have a fear of height or any pre-existing medical conditions, be sure to disclose them to the instructor for your own safety.
- Make sure you are dressed for the occasion. Do not wear loose as they can flutter in the wind and cause injury. Also, be sure to wear warm layers like a jacket as the speed of the zipline can make you feel cold.
- Do not wear sandals or flip-flops. They are unreliable as they can cause you to slip at landing. You also risk them falling off your feet when on the line. Laced-shoes are the best option for this.
- Safety equipment provided by the organization such as helmets and mittens is mandatory. If you refuse to abide by the safety standards, you will not be allowed to partake.
- Do not carry any valuables such as keys, phones, jewelry or other loose objects on the adventure. If they shall slip from your pockets it is close to impossible to find them.
- If you arrive in the state on intoxication or physically unfit for the zipline, you will be denied admission.
Ziplining in Rishikesh can be a very enriching experience if the safety instructions are well followed. Flying through the beautiful landscape and the sparkling waters of Ganga makes the ride even more enjoyable. So why wait? Visit Rishikesh and get your first-hand experience of this thrilling adventure sport in the mesmerizing settings and pious aura of Rishikesh.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Frequently asked questions about ziplining in Rishikesh
A. Ziplining is an adventure sport popular in hilly and mountain regions. The activity entails you strapped to a harness and made to fly between two ends of a wire. These two ends are places in different heights, so gravity will cause you to zip down at fast speeds.
A. Flying fox is a world-renowned organization that manages and organizes ziplining in Rishikesh. They provide all the services needed from booking to execution to help you enjoy the experience, free of any glitches.
A. The zipline here is quite safe. They are tried and tested each day and managed well with each use. A zipline is as safe as the user wishes for it. If you follow all the instructions, you are in safe hands. It’s also a good idea to read reviews of the places and only attempt with trusted organizations.
A. Rishikesh is a great spot for adventure and a getaway into nature. It is surrounded by scaling high mountains on all sides. Since it is along the river Ganga, it is also a holy destination for the believer of the Hindu faith. As a traveler, you can check out river rafting, mountain biking, trekking and much more.
A. The stunning mountain town of Rishikesh has great weather all across the year. However, in the monsoons, the weather is not favorable for adventure activities. The summers are when it is the peak season for travelers as they come here to escape the heat of the metropolitan cities.
People Also Read