An Obama appointee, Califf helmed the FDA from February 2016 to February 2017 after a year as the agency’s deputy commissioner for medical products and tobacco, according to the FDA’s website. His nomination would mark the end of a nine-month search for a permanent successor for Acting Commissioner Dr. Janet Woodcock, who took over the agency on an interim basis in January.
Biden must nominate Woodcock or choose another full-time commissioner by mid-November, the Post reported. A White House official told the publication that Biden had not yet made his selection, while Califf declined to comment.
Before joining the FDA, Califf was Duke University’s vice chancellor for clinical and translational research, according to the agency’s website. A cardiologist and graduate of the university’s School of Medicine, he directed Duke’s Translational Medicine Institute and founded the Duke Clinical Research Institute, the FDA said.
- Takeaways: What should Tennessee’s punishment be for ugly scene in Knoxville?
- The Flash teaser: Ezra Miller shares a glimpse of Michael Keaton’s Batman
- Akshay Kumar thanks retired Army officer for pointing out mistake in the Gorkha poster : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- Back to the past to remain Chennai Super Kings’ motto | Cricket News – Times of India
- Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan counselled in NCB custody; star kid promises to make Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede proud one day : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- UFC reveals the stacked fight card for UFC 269 during the broadcast of UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs. Dumont