Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar says eco-tourism will be promoted in Valmiki Nagar. It is a famous tourist spot where a dam has been built on the river Gandak. There is a national park and tiger reserve where Maharshi Valmiki, the author of the Ramayan, is said to have passed some years.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday said the state has immense potential for tourism and the government is working relentlessly to promote eco-tourism. The Environment, Forest and Climate Change Department of the state government gave a presentation of the draft eco-tourism policy of the state government before the CM through video conference.
While interacting with the officers concerned during the presentation, Kumar said, “The Bihar government has already taken several steps to protect the environment. While finalising the eco-tourism policy, we must remain careful that nature is not harmed in any way.” The eco-tourism policy will also increase awareness among people about protecting environment and animals and conservation of nature in a better way, he said.
Kumar said eco-tourism will be promoted in Valmiki Nagar in West Champaran district.
Valmiki Nagar is a famous tourist spot where a dam has been built on the river Gandak. Besides, there is a national park and tiger reserve near the area where Maharshi Valmiki, the author of the Ramayan, is said to have passed some years.
“The state government will soon construct a convention centre in Valmiki Nagar,” the chief minister said.
This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.
- Fuel Management Systems Market Is Going to Boom with Trimble, Timeplan Fuel Solutions, Fleetmatics Group
- Digital Experience Platforms Software Market Expansion to be Persistent During 2026: Sitefinity, Jahia, Infosys
- Internet of Things in Energy and Utility Applications Market to See Huge Growth by 2026 | General Electric, Honeywell, Fujitsu, SAP
- Insurance Telematics Market to see Booming Business Sentiments | Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Trimble Navigation, Trak Global Group
- Machine Learning in Communication Market May See Robust Growth By 2026: Nexmo, facebook, Google
- Telco Customer Experience Management Market Is Booming Worldwide with ChatterPlug, Tech Mahindra, IBM, InMoment, Huawei, Wipro