There is a significant co-relation between stress and heart disease risks.
While festivals are the time you have the most fun, it is also a stressful phase. There’s a lot of planning, organizing and coordinating that goes into ensuring a perfect festive season. People may even experience sleepless nights, which only increases the level of cortisol in the body, the stress hormone that can also lead to weight gain.
According to the American Heart Association, “During stress, your body releases stress hormones (adrenaline and cortisol) into the blood that prepare the body for the “fight or flight response.” “Your heart’s beating faster and constricting blood vessels, which raises blood pressure temporarily,” it adds.
Having said that, it is important to manage and reduce your stress levels, making sure it doesn’t pose problems for your heart.
- Salman Khan looking to replace Jacqueline Fernandez from Da-bangg concert; actress may be restricted from travel outside country : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- PV Sindhu settles for silver in BWF World Tour Finals | Badminton News – Times of India
- ‘From Kodaikanal to Rameswaram,’ Ankita Konwar’s vacay diaries are pure love
- South Korea reports 3 more Omicron cases – Times of India
- No breather for Jacqueline Fernandez – Exclusive
- ISL Live Streaming: When and where to watch Kerala Blasters FC vs Odisha FC?