Passengers from India can now travel to Canada albeit with a few precautionary measures, which include having a negative Covid-19 test report from an approved laboratory.
The Justin Trudeau-led federal government in Canada on Sunday lifted a month-long ban on passenger flights from India, which was put in place in view of the enhanced coronavirus disease (Covid-19) protocols. On Tuesday, Canada extended the restriction on all direct commercial and private passenger flights from India until September 26. However, with the ban now expiring, passengers from India can now travel to Canada albeit with a few precautionary measures, which include having a negative Covid-19 test report from an approved laboratory.
According to officials familiar with the development, Air Canada is expected to resume its flights from India on September 27 (Monday), while Air India will be resuming its flights to Canada from September 30. Prior to Canada imposing its border restrictions – a “risk-based and measured approach” according to the federal government – the two airlines were operating to-and-fro flights daily under an air bubble arrangement between the two governments.
Passengers travelling from India to Canada will be required to adhere to the following measures, according to a news release issued by Transport Canada earlier this week in view of the Covid-19 situation:
- Passengers must have proof of a negative Covid-19 molecular test from the approved Genestrings Laboratory at the Delhi airport, taken within 18 hours of the scheduled departure of their flight to Canada.
- Prior to boarding, air operators will be checking the travellers’ test results ensuring they are eligible to come to Canada.
- Fully vaccinated passengers will also have to upload the relevant information into the ArriveCAN mobile app or website. Officials will be ensuring that the passengers have done so and those who are unable to meet these requirements will be denied boarding.
- Passengers from India who are travelling to Canada via an indirect route must have a negative Covid-19 molecular test report from any other third country, except India; the test must be conducted within 72 hours of departure.
Canada lifted the travel restrictions after testing passengers on three direct flights that arrived from India on Wednesday. When authorities tested upon arrival the passengers on these flights for Covid-19, all of them returned negative in the test results.
- Takeaways: What should Tennessee’s punishment be for ugly scene in Knoxville?
- The Flash teaser: Ezra Miller shares a glimpse of Michael Keaton’s Batman
- Akshay Kumar thanks retired Army officer for pointing out mistake in the Gorkha poster : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- Back to the past to remain Chennai Super Kings’ motto | Cricket News – Times of India
- Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan counselled in NCB custody; star kid promises to make Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede proud one day : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- UFC reveals the stacked fight card for UFC 269 during the broadcast of UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs. Dumont