The Chicago Blackhawks announced Monday night that they will be postponing “Marian’s Legacy Night” – a celebration of former player Marián Hossa – to a date to be announced later.
“This is an important time for our organization to reflect rather than celebrate,” the Blackhawks said in a statement. “Marian and the club’s leadership team all know we must build back our community’s trust as we ensure accountability within our organization following Kyle Beach’s courage in coming forward. Our new leadership team is committed to upholding our values and always working to better this organization and our game as we move forward.
“There is no better embodiment of those values, both off and on the ice, than Marian Hossa, and we congratulate him on his upcoming Hockey Hall of Fame induction.”
Hossa, a first-round draft choice by the Ottawa Senators in 1997, joined the Blackhawks in 2009 and won three Stanley Cups with the team (2010, 2013 and 2015). He was elected as part of the Hockey Hall of Fame class of 2020.
The fallout continues in the investigation into an alleged sexual assault of former Blackhawks player Kyle Beach by former team video Brad Aldrich during the team’s title run in 2010. It led to the resignation of Stan Bowman, the team’s GM and president, and Joel Quenneville, the team’s coach in 2010 through the beginning of the 2018-19 season. Quenneville had been head coach of the Florida Panthers until his resignation last week.
This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Blackhawks postpone night of honoring Hall of Famer Marian Hossa
- Salman Khan looking to replace Jacqueline Fernandez from Da-bangg concert; actress may be restricted from travel outside country : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- PV Sindhu settles for silver in BWF World Tour Finals | Badminton News – Times of India
- ‘From Kodaikanal to Rameswaram,’ Ankita Konwar’s vacay diaries are pure love
- South Korea reports 3 more Omicron cases – Times of India
- No breather for Jacqueline Fernandez – Exclusive
- ISL Live Streaming: When and where to watch Kerala Blasters FC vs Odisha FC?