Chipotle Mexican Grill’s new pollo asado
Source: Chipotle Mexican Grill
Chipotle Mexican Grill announced Tuesday it is testing pollo asado at 95 restaurants in Cincinnati and Sacramento, marking the first time it has introduced a new chicken option.
The pollo asado is made with grilled chicken, garlic, fresh lime, guajillo peppers and hand-chopped cilantro and will be available in the two participating markets for a limited time.
Under CEO Brian Niccol, who previously led Yum Brands’ Taco Bell, the company has accelerated adding new menu items through a process it calls stage-gate testing. The chain has been strategic with new releases, making many of them limited-time options to drive customer traffic to its restaurants and to keep the menu from becoming bloated. So far this year, it’s release cauliflower rice and brisket as limited-time options and quesadillas as a digital-only item.
“Chicken has long been the top protein choice among Chipotle guests,” Chief Marketing Officer Chris Brandt said in a statement. “With the celebrated Adobo chicken recipe already on our menu, we decided it was time to add another option and our new flavorful Pollo Asado chicken is another perfect complement to our real ingredients.”
Shares of Chipotle have climbed 30% this year, raising its market value to $50.6 billion.
- China forcing migration of Uyghur Muslims from Xinjiang, says report – Times of India
- “They are just too strong” – Michael Owen predicts the result for Chelsea vs Manchester United
- #VicKat wedding: Everything about Katrina Kaif’s ₹1 lakh Rajasthani Mehendi
- Nagaland takes travel inspiration from USA’s Sturgis, aims for off-road tourism
- Should you buy Apple stock as it nears a breakout? | Invezz
- Ed Orgeron will not coach LSU in bowl game: ‘I’m packing to go to Destin’