About 579,372 fully vaccinated individuals participated in the study, of which 30,183 with a diagnosis of SUD. The volunteers were vaccinated between December 2020 and August 2021, and had not contracted the infection prior to vaccination.
The risk of breakthrough infection amid SUD patients went from 6.8 percent for tobacco use disorder to 7.8 percent for cannabis users. The percentage was significantly higher to the non-SUD population, which was 3.6 percent.
As per the study, “These data suggest that fully vaccinated SUD individuals are at higher risk for breakthrough COVID-19 infection, and this is largely due to their higher prevalence of comorbidities and adverse socioeconomic determinants of health compared with non-SUD individuals.”
- Takeaways: What should Tennessee’s punishment be for ugly scene in Knoxville?
- The Flash teaser: Ezra Miller shares a glimpse of Michael Keaton’s Batman
- Akshay Kumar thanks retired Army officer for pointing out mistake in the Gorkha poster : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- Back to the past to remain Chennai Super Kings’ motto | Cricket News – Times of India
- Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan counselled in NCB custody; star kid promises to make Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede proud one day : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- UFC reveals the stacked fight card for UFC 269 during the broadcast of UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs. Dumont