Covid-19 Cases, Deaths and Vaccination in India Today June 1 Live Count: After the mayhem of May, India began the month of June on a hopeful note with just a little over 1.25 lakh new Covid infections on Tuesday. The number of deaths also came down below the 3,000-mark at 2,795 fatalities, the official data said. The Narendra Modi government said that there has been a downward trend across the 30 states and UTs with many saying that the second wave of the coronavirus has ended in India. The government is also confident about the unlock 2021. In his daily briefing, Niti Aayog’s Dr Paul said that the cases won’t increase with the resumption of the economic activities if we keep the vaccination rate high. He also said that the Modi government is not planning to scrap the 2-dose policy of the Covid vaccination programme. There were reports that the Centre was looking at the probabilities of finding out if a single dose is enough for an individual. Dr Paul also said that though there have been reports about looking at mixing up two different corona vaccines, nothing of that sort is going to happen in India anytime soon. He said that this was a scientific curiosity and needs to be seen from the research point of view. In another sign of easing things, the Netherlands has lifted the ban on passenger flights from India.
As Coronavirus infections have started shrinking in India, clamour for vaccination for all grows louder. With some states complaining of vaccine shortage, the Supreme Court on Monday flagged dual pricing and digital divide and asked the Centre to ensure that its vaccine policy is flexible enough to accommodate changes to address concerns.
On Monday, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan wrote to his non-BJP counterparts in 11 states and called for a united effort in demanding that the Centre procure Covid-19 vaccines required by the states and distribute them free of cost. States like Punjab, Delhi have been demanding a higher supply of Covid-19 vaccine from the Centre since the beginning of the vaccination drive. Many vaccine centres have stopped jab for the 18-44-years age group in absence of the vaccine. Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren wrote to PM Modi requesting to provide free vaccine for beneficiaries of all age groups & give freedom to define priorities for vaccination coverage.
With shrinking virus infections, some states like Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir have started the process of unlocking. Madhya Pradesh, too, will also lift the corona curfew from today, though in a phased manner. However, Maharashtra, Kerala, Haryana, Odisha are among states who have extended lockdown in their respective states in order to limit the virus spread.
Catch all the live updates on Financial Express.
- Fuel Management Systems Market Is Going to Boom with Trimble, Timeplan Fuel Solutions, Fleetmatics Group
- Digital Experience Platforms Software Market Expansion to be Persistent During 2026: Sitefinity, Jahia, Infosys
- Internet of Things in Energy and Utility Applications Market to See Huge Growth by 2026 | General Electric, Honeywell, Fujitsu, SAP
- Insurance Telematics Market to see Booming Business Sentiments | Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Trimble Navigation, Trak Global Group
- Machine Learning in Communication Market May See Robust Growth By 2026: Nexmo, facebook, Google
- Telco Customer Experience Management Market Is Booming Worldwide with ChatterPlug, Tech Mahindra, IBM, InMoment, Huawei, Wipro