Coronavirus India Live Updates, Covid-19 Vaccine Latest Update India, August 31st Covid Live Tracker Today: After a week of a marked surge in the corona tally, Tuesday brought some relief with India registering little over 30,000 cases in the last 24 hours. The health update by the government said that 30,941 people were tested positive for the Covid-19 infection in the last 24 hours. Another sign of respite was a significant dip in the number of Covid fatalities. The health ministry’s updated data shows that the novel coronavirus claimed the lives of 350 Indians in the last 24 hours. After a week of a surge in the active cases, the situation remains worrisome on Tuesday also. The government’s fresh data shows that at present, India has 3,70640 active coronavirus cases. An increase of 5,684 active cases has been registered in a single day, the data shows.
Meanwhile, scientists have identified another variant of the coronavirus in South Africa. The latest reports say that the new strain of novel coronavirus – C.1.2 – can very easily breach vaccine-induced immunity. Currently, this strain of the coronavirus has been detected in England, Switzerland, Portugal, Congo, New Zealand and Mauritius.
Another troubling news is the buzz around ‘festival variant’ circulating in parts of England. Local reports suggest that the health officials are looking at the cases that have erupted after the Boardmasters festival. Roughly 5,000 people have been infected so far. It is believed that this can be a result of another strain of the Delta variant of the coronavirus.
India’s national capital New Delhi and several other cities across the country would reopen the schools and other educational institutes from tomorrow. As the authorities prepare a new set of rules for staggered SOPs for the classrooms, health experts are divided about the latest development. Medanta chairman Dr Naresh Trehen is among the most prominent voices that are advocating the officials to rethink the reopening process. Asking about the need behind the ‘rush’, Dr Trehen said that till a substantial number of children are not vaccinated against the coronavirus, the reopening of schools should be done with utmost caution. However, there are some who feel that with the daily caseload still in the manageable range, this is the right window to reopen schools.
Talking about the caseload, a cursory glance at the Covid tally of last week has shown that there has been an increase of 30 per cent in the active cases in India. The number of Covid deaths has also gone up by almost 15-16 per cent.
Here are the latest and verified Covid updates from India and around the globe:
- Fuel Management Systems Market Is Going to Boom with Trimble, Timeplan Fuel Solutions, Fleetmatics Group
- Digital Experience Platforms Software Market Expansion to be Persistent During 2026: Sitefinity, Jahia, Infosys
- Internet of Things in Energy and Utility Applications Market to See Huge Growth by 2026 | General Electric, Honeywell, Fujitsu, SAP
- Insurance Telematics Market to see Booming Business Sentiments | Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Trimble Navigation, Trak Global Group
- Machine Learning in Communication Market May See Robust Growth By 2026: Nexmo, facebook, Google
- Telco Customer Experience Management Market Is Booming Worldwide with ChatterPlug, Tech Mahindra, IBM, InMoment, Huawei, Wipro