Ruf ties Game 5 with first HR of its kind in Giants history originally appeared on NBC Sports Bayarea
Darin Ruf finally got one, and it couldn’t have come in a bigger moment.
And Ruf provided an immediate one.
In a 3-2 count, Ruf smashed a 94 mph fastball from Dodgers pitcher Julio Urias and clobbered for a 452-foot home run to dead center to lead off the inning and tie the game. It was an absolute no-doubter.
Ruf was due, as they say. He went hitless in his first two at-bats on the night as a result of some bad luck. One flyout went 377 feet with an expected batting average (xBA) of .530, and another went one foot further with an xBA of .500.
He’ll take the game-tying homer, though, which was the first one in a sudden death postseason game in Giants history.
- R Balki’s next starring Dulquer Salmaan, Sunny Deol, Pooja Bhatt, Shreya Dhanwanthary titled Chup; Akshay Kumar unveils motion poster : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- DRS to make debut in upcoming men’s T20 World Cup | Cricket News – Times of India
- Jim Harbaugh says Nebraska victory ‘was a Clint Eastwood win’
- Bengal eyes revival of tourism this Durga Puja amid pandemic
- iraq: Iraqis vote for new parliament amid tight security – Times of India
- Shah Rukh Khan is feeling ‘broken, helpless’; has stopped ‘eating and sleeping’