Athletes will compete for points in 13 series meetings from May to September, with the most successful qualifying for the two-day season finale in Zurich.
🥳 DIAMOND LEAGUE 2022 🥳The announcement you’ve all been waiting for: the dates of the 14 2022 #DiamondLeague meet… https://t.co/PJBdUShTM0
— Wanda Diamond League (@Diamond_League) 1637834588000
The season opens in Doha on May 13, likely followed by the English city of Birmingham, host of the July 28-August 8 Commonwealth Games, and the American city of Eugene, the venue for the 2022 World Athletics Championships.
The elite series will then head to Rabat on June 5, before returning to Europe for the rest of the month with meetings in Rome, Oslo, Paris and Stockholm.
After the July 15-24 world championships, the Diamond League will return to China for the first time since 2019, with the Shanghai meet set for July 30 and a second Chinese meeting scheduled for August 6.
August will then see the series head to Monaco and Lausanne before the last series meeting in Brussels on September 2, with the final in Zurich on September 7-8.
Diamond League 2022 calendar
May 13 – Doha
May 21 – Birmingham/London (tbc)
May 28 – Eugene, United States
June 5 – Rabat
June 9 – Rome
June 16 – Oslo
June 18 – Paris
June 30 – Stockholm
July 30 – Shanghai, China
August 6 – Chinese venue to be decided
August 10 – Monaco
August 26 – Lausanne
September 2 – Brussels
September 7/8 – Zurich
- China forcing migration of Uyghur Muslims from Xinjiang, says report – Times of India
- “They are just too strong” – Michael Owen predicts the result for Chelsea vs Manchester United
- #VicKat wedding: Everything about Katrina Kaif’s ₹1 lakh Rajasthani Mehendi
- Nagaland takes travel inspiration from USA’s Sturgis, aims for off-road tourism
- Should you buy Apple stock as it nears a breakout? | Invezz
- Ed Orgeron will not coach LSU in bowl game: ‘I’m packing to go to Destin’