Shares of the Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) fell 5.0% in after-hours trading on weak financial results for its fiscal fourth quarter.
Fourth-quarter financial performance
Disney reported $159 million in net income that translates to 9 cents a share versus the year-ago figure of 39 cents of per-share loss. On an adjusted basis, it earned 37 cents per share on $18.53 billion in revenue that represents an annualised growth of 26%.
Are you looking for fast-news, hot-tips and market analysis?
Sign-up for the Invezz newsletter, today.
According to FactSet, experts had forecast 52 cents of EPS on $18.8 billion in revenue. The earnings report comes a month after Jim Cramer said Disney will become a standard name for big institutions once the global economy reopens.
Disney+ subscribers and revenue from individual businesses
Disney+ added 2.1 million subscribers in Q4 for a total of 118.1 million versus 125.3 million expected.
The streaming segment, television networks, and film business brought in $4.56 billion, $6.7 billion, and $2.05 billion in revenue. The media unit at large generated $13.08 billion in revenue while another $5.45 billion came from parks, experiences, and products – all below expectations.
Rosenblatt’s Zgutowicz expects a strong holiday quarter
On CNBC’s “Closing Bell”, Rosenblatt Securities’ Mark Zgutowicz said the holiday quarter could be a much stronger one for Disney.
For the first time this year, Disney will have a strong content slate in the December quarter. The $2.0 for a one-month trial promo will also boost. So, we expect a really strong bounce back in their fiscal first quarter.
Zgutowicz also expects Hotstar India to uplift Q1 results. It was down a bit in the recent quarter, which could be a one-time thing, as per the Rosenblatt analyst who rates Disney at “buy” with a price target of $220 that represents a close to 30% upside from here.
67% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Salman Khan looking to replace Jacqueline Fernandez from Da-bangg concert; actress may be restricted from travel outside country : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- PV Sindhu settles for silver in BWF World Tour Finals | Badminton News – Times of India
- ‘From Kodaikanal to Rameswaram,’ Ankita Konwar’s vacay diaries are pure love
- South Korea reports 3 more Omicron cases – Times of India
- No breather for Jacqueline Fernandez – Exclusive
- ISL Live Streaming: When and where to watch Kerala Blasters FC vs Odisha FC?