Choosing to circumcise a baby is a personal decision for many parents. Whether you choose circumcision in Ottawa for religious, cultural, or traditional reasons, it’s common to wonder how it could impact your son through his life. One myth about circumcision is that it can negatively affect sexual performance as an adult.
For decades, scientists have studied how circumcision affects men’s sexuality. The general consensus is that circumcision has no adverse effect on any aspect of a man’s sexuality. On the contrary, circumcision may have positive benefits for men and their sexual partners.
BENEFITS OF CIRCUMCISION
There is a lot of evidence that circumcision does have health benefits.
- Reduced risk of STDs in men who are circumcised.
- Lower risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
- Improved hygiene – circumcision makes it easier to keep the penis clean.
- Control over reproduction health can give a man peace of mind and confidence during sexual relations.
- Some studies show that women have greater satisfaction with circumcised partners.
Circumcision is a low-risk surgery for infants. During surgery, the area is numbed with a local anesthetic. The procedure takes about 5 to 10 minutes. Healing generally takes less than two weeks for most infants.
GET A CONSULTATION TO DISCUSS CIRCUMCISION FOR YOUR BABY
If you’re trying to make a decision about circumcision for your son or for yourself, discuss your situation with a doctor who performs circumcision in Gatineau. You can get the facts and address any concerns you have about circumcision. Dr. Bercier helps you make an informed decision. Make an appointment to talk about circumcision.
Originally Posted on Clinique Vasectomie