Former President Bill Clinton was hospitalized on Tuesday evening to receive treatment for a non-Covid related infection, according to his spokesman.
Clinton’s spokesman Angel Urena said late Tuesday that the former president was admitted to UC Irvine Medical Center in California.
“He is on the mend, in good spirits, and is incredibly thankful to the doctors, nurses and staff providing him with excellent care,” Urena said in a statement.
Clinton’s doctors said in a joint statement that he was admitted to the hospital for “close monitoring” and administered IV antibiotics and fluids.
“He remains at the hospital for continuous monitoring,” his doctors Alpesh Amin and Lisa Bardack said. “After two days of treatment, his white blood cell count is trending down and he is responding to antibiotics well.”
They said that the California-based medical team has been in “constant communication” with the President’s New York-based team, including his cardiologist.
“We hope to have him go home soon,” they said in the statement.
This is breaking news. Please check back for updates.
- R Balki’s next starring Dulquer Salmaan, Sunny Deol, Pooja Bhatt, Shreya Dhanwanthary titled Chup; Akshay Kumar unveils motion poster : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- DRS to make debut in upcoming men’s T20 World Cup | Cricket News – Times of India
- Jim Harbaugh says Nebraska victory ‘was a Clint Eastwood win’
- Bengal eyes revival of tourism this Durga Puja amid pandemic
- iraq: Iraqis vote for new parliament amid tight security – Times of India
- Shah Rukh Khan is feeling ‘broken, helpless’; has stopped ‘eating and sleeping’