Raisin or dried grape is an amazing food item which may be eaten raw or used in cooking, baking, and brewing. It is produced all over the world and is known by different names. Raisin varieties depend on the type of grape used and are made in a variety of sizes and colours including green, black, brown, blue, purple, and yellow. In India, raisins are better known as ‘Kishmish’.
Raisins are a good source of essential nutrients, minerals, and energy in the form of calories and sugars. They are packed with energy and rich in fibre, vitamins, and minerals. They are naturally sweet and high in sugar and calories, but they are beneficial to our health when eaten in moderation. In fact, raisins can aid digestion, boost iron levels, and keep the bones strong.
While consuming resins in their raw form has a number of health benefits, soaking them in water overnight and then eating them is even healthier. Here is a look at some health benefits of eating soaked resins. (Image: istock)
- Takeaways: What should Tennessee’s punishment be for ugly scene in Knoxville?
- The Flash teaser: Ezra Miller shares a glimpse of Michael Keaton’s Batman
- Akshay Kumar thanks retired Army officer for pointing out mistake in the Gorkha poster : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- Back to the past to remain Chennai Super Kings’ motto | Cricket News – Times of India
- Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan counselled in NCB custody; star kid promises to make Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede proud one day : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- UFC reveals the stacked fight card for UFC 269 during the broadcast of UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs. Dumont