Villagers are one of the most crucial components to a Minecraft player’s progression within Skyblock. Without them, players have no access to Emeralds, and therefore no access to items like diamond gear and enchantment books, which are only available through villager trades on many Skyblock maps. Fortunately, there are ways to rack up a respectable stable of villagers. It is a time-consuming pursuit, but definitely one worth undertaking to improve a player’s Skyblock experience.
Minecraft: Curing zombie villagers
When it comes to getting villagers on most of Minecraft’s Skyblock maps, players will need to cure zombie villagers of their affliction. This is achieved by giving the zombie villagers the Weakness status effect and then feeding them a golden apple, which will cure them of their zombie sickness and return them to their original form. This can be done in a few different ways, but all methods take a considerable amount of effort to pull off.
One of the main ways to cure zombie villagers is by having a witch throw a Splash Potion of Weakness on them before feeding them the golden apple. By damaging a witch enough to reduce its heart total to below eight, players will trigger a 25% chance that witches will throw the necessary splash potions out of desperation. Both finding a witch and lining its throw up to hit a zombie villager instead of the player can be difficult, but creating a player’s own Splash Potion of Weakness will require access to the Nether in order to craft a brewing stand. Additionally, players would likely need to rely on the Wandering Trader in order to obtain the necessary brewing components to make the potion, notably a brown mushroom. Combined with a fermented spider eye and some gunpowder, Minecraft players can feasibly craft their desired splash potion with the brewing stand.
Golden apples are also tricky to get a hold of. Apples are easily obtainable in the Overworld, but gold is not as readily accessible. Some ways to get the necessary golden ingots to create golden apples include:
- Entering the Nether and killing zombified piglins, who occasionally drop gold ingots upon death in Minecraft.
- Killing hostile mobs, who will on occasion drop golden armor which can be smelted in a furnace back to gold ingots.
Whichever method Minecraft players pick can be tough, but the reward is well worth it. It is highly recommended that once players have enough villagers, they begin breeding them as soon as possible so they won’t need to rely on curing zombie villagers in the future.
Read More: Where to use Emeralds in Minecraft Dungeons
Check out Sportskeeda’s new Minecraft YouTube channel!
- Fuel Management Systems Market Is Going to Boom with Trimble, Timeplan Fuel Solutions, Fleetmatics Group
- Digital Experience Platforms Software Market Expansion to be Persistent During 2026: Sitefinity, Jahia, Infosys
- Internet of Things in Energy and Utility Applications Market to See Huge Growth by 2026 | General Electric, Honeywell, Fujitsu, SAP
- Insurance Telematics Market to see Booming Business Sentiments | Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Trimble Navigation, Trak Global Group
- Machine Learning in Communication Market May See Robust Growth By 2026: Nexmo, facebook, Google
- Telco Customer Experience Management Market Is Booming Worldwide with ChatterPlug, Tech Mahindra, IBM, InMoment, Huawei, Wipro