New Delhi: If you have recently switched to Signal or Telegram then you might be receiving notifications alerting you that your friends have also joined.
If you are at your wits end after getting these messages when someone from your contact list joins Signal or Telegram app.
Here is a how you can disable new friends joined alerts on your phone:
How to stop this alert on Telegram app:
* Open Telegram, and tap on the hamburger button, which is located on the top left corner of the screen.
* Go to the Settings section and then jump to Notifications and Sounds.
* Scroll down and tap on ‘Contact joined Telegram.’
How to stop this alert on Signal app:
* Open Signal on your Android smartphone and then tap on the three-dotted icon, located on the top right side of the screen.
* Got to Settings, go to Notifications.
* Now, scroll down and toggle off the ‘Contact joined Signal.’ The steps are similar for the iOS version too.
In India it is estimated that the Signal app was downloaded by close to 3 million users. also, this week, Signal became the No. 1 app in India on Apple and Android phones.
Though on Friday, WhatsApp said it has decided to postpone a privacy update due to “misinformation causing concern” among people, the company said.
- Do you know WhatsApp has some lesser known features? Check these
- Vikas Gupta pays a visit to Rakhi Sawant’s ailing mom, Jaya; says, ‘I had so much fun being with her’ | Bollywood Life
- Chelsea vs Manchester United Dream11 Team Tips And Predictions, Premier League
- Hong Kong detains 47 activists on subversion charges – Times of India