Former India off-spinner Harbhajan Singh has outlined and pointed out the issues Virat Kohli is facing in the ongoing tour of England. The Indian captain has only been able to score 124 runs across five innings at an average of 24.8 so far.
Kohli entered England on the back of a poor run of form, but still had his merits from 2018 to his advantage. It all collapsed as soon as he was exposed to the fourth stump line. Kohli has experienced difficulty in judging such deliveries from pacers, which has been evident in his dismissals in the ongoing England series.
While lauding Virat Kohli’s credentials over the years and terming him as the greatest cricketer in the modern-era of cricket, Harbhajan Singh noted how the core issue lies in the way Kohli has been placing his foot. Speaking on his YouTube channel, the former Indian off-spinner said:
“The small thing I have noticed, even though Virat is such a tremendous player, is that he is getting his feet across. In the last tour, his foot was straight. When the foot is straight and facing the bowler, the body weight is naturally forward. When the foot is across, the body weight is transferred to the side. and when the head moves to the side, you tend to play the ball away from the stumps. When a player like Kohli is being caught at slips for five innings in a row, I feel like footwork is the problem.”
Virat Kohli should make the best of the conditions at The Oval: Harbhajan Singh
Harbhajan Singh explained how among all of England’s venues, The Oval arguably provides the best batting conditions due to the lack of lateral movement. The former off-spinner hopes for Kohli to get his 71st century at the venue. Harbhajan added:
“Big players have big egos because, if the opposition captain is scoring runs, then Kohli must also be thinking that ‘I should also score a hundred, and make it a big one.’ I’m hoping the century comes at The Oval, because when the runs start to flow, you see he will be a different batter altogether.”
India will take on England later today (September 2) at The Oval for Day 1 of the fourth Test of the five-match series.
- Fuel Management Systems Market Is Going to Boom with Trimble, Timeplan Fuel Solutions, Fleetmatics Group
- Digital Experience Platforms Software Market Expansion to be Persistent During 2026: Sitefinity, Jahia, Infosys
- Internet of Things in Energy and Utility Applications Market to See Huge Growth by 2026 | General Electric, Honeywell, Fujitsu, SAP
- Insurance Telematics Market to see Booming Business Sentiments | Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Trimble Navigation, Trak Global Group
- Machine Learning in Communication Market May See Robust Growth By 2026: Nexmo, facebook, Google
- Telco Customer Experience Management Market Is Booming Worldwide with ChatterPlug, Tech Mahindra, IBM, InMoment, Huawei, Wipro