Intel has launched its most advanced, highest performance data centre platform optimised to power the industry’s range of workloads — from the cloud to the network to the intelligent edge. New 3rd Gen Intel Xeon scalable processors (code-named “Ice Lake”) are the foundation of Intel’s data centre platform.
Intel claims that the new 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors deliver a significant performance increase compared with the prior generation, with an average 46% improvement on popular data centre workloads. The processors also add new and enhanced platform capabilities including Intel SGX for built-in security, and Intel Crypto Acceleration and Intel DL Boost for AI acceleration. These new capabilities, combined with the company’s portfolio of IntelSelect Solutions and Intel Market Ready Solutions, enable customers to accelerate deployments across cloud, AI, enterprise, HPC, networking, security and edge applications, claims Intel.
In India, early adopters of the new 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable platform include CtrlS, ESDS, Pi Datacenters, Reliance Jio and Wipro Limited.
The latest 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable platform includes the Intel Optane persistent memory 200 series, Intel Optane Solid State Drive (SSD) P5800X and Intel SSD D5-P5316 NAND SSDs, as well as Intel Ethernet 800 Series Network Adapters and the latest Intel Agilex FPGAs.
• For the cloud: 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors are engineered and optimised for the requirements of cloud workloads and support a range of service environments. The company claims that the largest cloud service providers are planning to offer cloud services in 2021 powered by 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors.
• For the network: The latest 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors deliver on average 62% more performance on a range of broadly deployed network and 5G workloads over the prior generation.
• For the intelligent edge: 3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors deliver the performance, security and operational controls required for powerful AI, complex image or video analytics, and consolidated workloads at the intelligent edge, claims Intel.
- From Jalsa to Prateeksha: A look at the most luxurious homes Amitabh Bachchan and his family owns
- Brand versus performance marketing, what’s ideal to jumpstart D2C business growth
- TOT vs MUN Dream11 Team Prediction: Fantasy Tips & Predicted XIs For Today’s Premier League Match
- Burnley Dream11 Prediction Premier League: Fantasy Tips Burnley vs Newcastle Match