From 22nd October, we will see reopening of cinemas in the Maharashtra state and while several filmmakers have dropped the release dates of their biggies, we will also witness several box office clashes at the ticket windows. While the clashes might turn out to be a treat for the cine-goers it will affect the business of the films. Salman Khan and Aayush Sharma‘s Antim is set to lock horns with John Abrahm’s Satyameva Jayate 2 on November 26, on the other hand, we will see Prabhas’ Radhe Shyam, Mahesh Babu‘s Sarkaru Vaari Paata and Pawan Kalyan‘s Bheemla Nayak clashing with each other.
To know about this tricky situation, we connected to trade expert Amul Mohan and asked him whether clashing at the box office amid Covid is a good idea or not, to which, responded, “See right now the thing is that there are so many films that are pending to release because everybody has the pressure of putting it out right now. The pandemic has hit the industry and that’s the fact we can’t hide behind it anymore. They will (producers and distributors) want to do away with clashes but having said that there are 2 years much of content ready now and only 52 weeks. So in 52 Fridays how many films are going to release? You can’t have only 52 releases right? So, there are going to be clashes in all the terms.”
When asked whether the 50 per cent occupancy in Maharashtra will affect the box office collections of big-ticket films, he replied, “Yeah that’s true but I think everybody knows all the parameters. So, they know the scenario that there is 50 per cent occupancy in Maharashtra, 100 per cent occupancy in Delhi. Many single screens and theatres have shutdown in the last one-and-a-half-two years due to the pandemic. So, it’s not that everybody is not aware of the situation. They are making a big decision of the releasing the films in these days and they have stick to it.”
So, what are your thoughts about box office clash at the ticket windows amid COVID-19? Tweet to us @bollywood_life.
Stay tuned to BollywoodLife for the latest scoops and updates from Bollywood, Hollywood, South, TV and Web-Series.
Click to join us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram.
Also follow us on Facebook Messenger for latest updates.
- Takeaways: What should Tennessee’s punishment be for ugly scene in Knoxville?
- The Flash teaser: Ezra Miller shares a glimpse of Michael Keaton’s Batman
- Akshay Kumar thanks retired Army officer for pointing out mistake in the Gorkha poster : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- Back to the past to remain Chennai Super Kings’ motto | Cricket News – Times of India
- Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan counselled in NCB custody; star kid promises to make Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede proud one day : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- UFC reveals the stacked fight card for UFC 269 during the broadcast of UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs. Dumont