After an underwhelming first half where they lost five of their seven games, KKR won seven of their nine matches in the second leg in the UAE to reach the final.
The two-time champions will take on Chennai Super Kings in the summit clash in Dubai after their three-wicket win over Delhi Capitals in the second qualifier on Wednesday.
Bit of banter 😊Secret behind turnaround 👌Celebrations after fifty & #KKR win 👍@DavidHussey29 interviews ‘classy… https://t.co/XyL5gF6xUs
— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) 1634184001000
“The brand of cricket that the KKR is playing and by KKR I just don’t mean the cricketers who are playing out there but the entire management.
“They way we are thinking, the way we are going about the things that are the real turn around for us,” Iyer told KKR chief mentor David Hussey in a video posted on IPL’s website.
“The intent we are showing not just on the field but off the field is what brought us here,” he added.
Chasing a modest target of 136, Iyer smashed a 41-ball 55 and, alongside Shubhman Gill (46), set up KKR’s win over DC.
“I wasn’t chasing 136, I just went out there to bat. I just wanted to play the first six overs and see what the situation is. That brought the best,” he said.
Asked about the final against CSK on Friday in Dubai, he said: “I am not going to treat it as a final or big game. I will just play my game and give my best and that is what the entire team is going to do.”
- T20 World Cup: Top 5 India performances | Cricket News – Times of India
- Ishaan visits Ananya’s home with flowers; trolls say it’s to ensure she doesn’t name him in drugs case
- uzbekistan: Uzbek president heading toward landslide win in elections – Times of India
- China passes new land border law amid military standoff with India – Times of India
- Masters champion Matsuyama wins by 5 shots in Japan
- cpec: US sabotaging China-Pakistan Economic Corridor: Pakistan PM’s aide – Times of India