Veteran ace singer S P Balasubrahmanyam was posthumously honoured with the Padma Vibhushan at a ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. For the matter of fact, Padma Vibhushan is the second-highest civilian award in the country.
On Tuesday, the legendary singer was honoured with the award. On his behalf, his son SP Charan went and received the award. The official Rashtrapati Bhavan Twitter handle shared a photo and wrote, “President Kovind presents Padma Vibhushan to Shri S.P. Balasubrahmanyam (Posthumous) for Art. One of the leading figures of Indian cinema, particularly the southern Indian movie industry, he was a top-notch playback singer in multiple languages”.
President Kovind presents Padma Vibhushan to Shri S.P. Balasubrahmanyam (Posthumous) for Art. One of the leading figures of Indian cinema, particularly the southern Indian movie industry, he was a top-notch playback singer in multiple languages. pic.twitter.com/7bQ3gJR1Hi
— President of India (@rashtrapatibhvn) November 9, 2021
Balasubrahmanyam, popularly known as SPB, passed away in September 2020 due to COVID-19 complications at the age of 74. He was a playback singer, music director, and dubbing artist. He has sung over 40,000 songs in 16 languages in his storied and prolific career.
BOLLYWOOD NEWS – LIVE UPDATES
Catch us for latest Bollywood News, New Bollywood Movies update, Box office collection, New Movies Release , Bollywood News Hindi, Entertainment News, Bollywood Live News Today & upcoming movies 2021 and stay updated with latest hindi movies only on Bollywood Hungama.
- China forcing migration of Uyghur Muslims from Xinjiang, says report – Times of India
- “They are just too strong” – Michael Owen predicts the result for Chelsea vs Manchester United
- #VicKat wedding: Everything about Katrina Kaif’s ₹1 lakh Rajasthani Mehendi
- Nagaland takes travel inspiration from USA’s Sturgis, aims for off-road tourism
- Should you buy Apple stock as it nears a breakout? | Invezz
- Ed Orgeron will not coach LSU in bowl game: ‘I’m packing to go to Destin’