Quick Jumplinks to Navigate
A Mauritius Visa for Indians is absolutely mandatory in order to travel to the country, whether for tourism purposes or otherwise. Applying for a Visa for Indian travelers is absolutely hassle-free and does not require much work.
The Visa need not be secured before the trip commences, but can be availed after arriving at the destination country.
A tourist Mauritius Visa remains valid for 60 days, although this duration can be extended in case of emergency. In this case, one needs to apply for a separate Visa.
The types of Visa offered to Indian travelers include tourist visas, work permits, business visas, transit visas, and student visas.
For Indian travelers, a Visa is offered upon arrival. All one needs to do is furnish the documents required for the visa at the immigration office of the airport. It is absolutely mandatory to carry the required documents along with you on the trip.
While the basic Mauritius visa requirements for this include a valid passport, proof of funding and accommodation and confirmed return tickets, different types of Visa require different documents for proof.
How to apply for a Mauritius Tourist Visa
Indian tourists cannot avail for a Visa before the trip commences. While travelling from India, the only Mauritius Visa that one can apply for is a Visa on Arrival. One does not need to go through a lengthy application for this.
All that you need to do to secure this Mauritius Visa for Indians, is to carry all necessary documents along with you on your trip. Once at the airport, tourists need to furnish these necessary documents at the airport immigration centre in order to secure the Visa.
To avail a Visa, Indian tourists need to have a passport that remains valid at least 6 months from the date of travel. Proof of accommodation in Mauritius, funding and return tickets to India also need to be furnished at the immigration desk in order to secure the visa.
Documents required for Mauritius Visa
In order to secure a Visa on Arrival, Indian passport holders must carry and furnish these following documents without fail:
- An application form for Mauritius Visa for Indians, filled in with all the necessary details.
- Two recent passport sized photographs
- A valid Indian passport that remains valid for at least 6 months since your arrival to Mauritius
- In case you’re travelling to a different country from Mauritius, a valid Visa for that nation needs to be furnished.
- If you’re directly returning to India from Mauritius, confirmed return tickets need to be furnished
- Proof of accommodation in Mauritius, including all details of the said accommodation, booking confirmation, bank receipts etc.
- In case a Mauritian citizen is sponsoring your stay in the country, a letter of sponsorship needs to be produced. The letter must carry the address proof and relationship of the tourist with the sponsor, as well as offer a written indication of the said sponsorship.
- Proof of funding is another mandatory Mauritius Visa Requirements. Bank statements may be necessary for this.
Type of Visit
- Business Visa: If you’re traveling for business purposes, you would need to furnish an official letter from the sponsor company. The letter must include an official business letterhead, introduce the traveler, and also indicate the purpose of your visit.
The letter must also indicate who will be financially responsible for you, during your travel.
Along with this, you will also need copies of your educational qualifications, proof of professional expertise, and certification of registration in the said company.
- Transit Visa: A transit visa is required only when one is taking a connecting flight from Mauritius. In this case, one would need to furnish the tickets for the next flight.
- Work Permit: For a work permit, the Mauritius Visa Requirements include proof of the applicant’s professional qualifications, educational qualifications, along with documents in support of the company’s registration.
A letter of clearance from the Department of Labour and a copy of medical certification issued by the Department of Health would also be required.
- Student Visa: For a student Visa in Mauritius, one would need to furnish the acceptance letter from the designated institution, along with bank statements illustrating adequate income to support said education.
Should I Buy Mauritius Travel insurance
While travel insurance is definitely not mandatory, it is a security measure that several tourists opt for while travelling internationally. Buying an insurance cover before travelling and significantly minimize financial risk.
One of the best advantages of having travel insurance is one can seek medical coverage if and when required. The cost of medical aid is significantly higher in international destinations as compared to India, and treatment for any sudden illnesses or injuries can incur a heavy dent on your pockets. A secure travel insurance would allow you to meet your medical requirements in Mauritius without any hassle.
Medical aid, however, is not the only function of travel insurance. Baggage lost in transit can also be secured or replaced with the help of an insurance card. Lost or stolen passports may also be replaced in the same manner. Furthermore, certain reputed insurance companies, such as Digit, also include reimburse cancellations of flight.
Travel insurance also covers adventure sports in Mauritius. Mauritius is well known for its adventure sports facilities, and insurance cards generally include coverage for popular sports such as scuba diving, skydiving or bungee jumping.
Applying for Mauritius travel insurance is absolutely hassle free. Customers need not pay anything at all while making the claim. Furthermore, the application requires no paperwork, but can easily be done online.
What is the cost for Mauritius visa?
Indian tourists need not pay anything to avail a Mauritius Visa. Tourist visas for Indian travellers can be availed upon arrival, and do not require any charges.
How can I get a visa on arrival in Mauritius?
Mauritius Visa for Indians can only be availed upon arrival at the destination country. One needs to furnish all the required documents at the airport’s immigration desk in order to secure this visa. Among other things, these mandatory documents include: a valid passport, bank statements, proof of accommodation in Mauritius, proof of funding, and confirmed return tickets or tickets for the next destination.
Can we use Indian rupees in Mauritius?
No, the Indian currency is not valid in Mauritius. The currency of the nation is the Mauritian rupees, which come in denominations of 25,50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 and 2000. The US Dollar is widely used around Mauritius as well. One Mauritian rupee is equivalent to 1.86 Indian rupees.
What are the documents required for a Mauritius tourist visa?
The documents required for a Mauritius tourist visa are as follows:
- An Indian passport that retains its validity for at least six months since the date of arrival
- Confirmed return tickets back to India OR valid flight tickets for the next destination
- Two passport size photographs
- Proof of funding for the trip. In case your trip is funded by a Mauritian citizen, then a letter of sponsorship needs to be furnished, carrying all details of the said sponsor
- Proof of accommodation while in Mauritius is also one of the mandatory Mauritius Visa Requirements.
- However, Mauritius Visa requirements vary with the type of trip visa opted for. For example, a business visa or a student visa will ask for added supporting documents such as proof of education, proof of registration, acceptance letters and so on. It is best to check the documents required for the type of visa opted for before confirming the trip.
What visa do I need to visit Mauritius?
In order to visit the country, one would need a tourist Mauritius Visa. The tourist visa remains valid for 60 days, although this may be expanded if required.
How much does it cost to go to Mauritius from India?
Cost of flight tickets from India to Mauritius starts from Rs. 18,800. However, this may vary depending on the choice of airline, the time of booking and so on.
What currency is used in Mauritius?
The currency used in Mauritius is the Mauritius Rupee, which is roughly equal to about 1.85 Indian Rupees. The denominations are available in coins of 5,20 and 50 cents and notes of 25, 50, 100,200,500,1000 and 2000 MR.
What is the best time to visit Mauritius?
The best time to visit Mauritius would be during the cooler months, between April and November. Although Mauritius enjoys pleasant weather throughout the year, the weather during these months remains particularly enjoyable, allowing tourists plenty of sightseeing opportunities. The dry and sunny climate during these months would also allow you to enjoy the best of Mauritius’ beaches.
- From Jalsa to Prateeksha: A look at the most luxurious homes Amitabh Bachchan and his family owns
- Brand versus performance marketing, what’s ideal to jumpstart D2C business growth
- TOT vs MUN Dream11 Team Prediction: Fantasy Tips & Predicted XIs For Today’s Premier League Match
- Burnley Dream11 Prediction Premier League: Fantasy Tips Burnley vs Newcastle Match