In order to make room for Hand on the roster, the Mets designated RHP Geoff Hartlieb for assignment.
Hand, whom the Mets had interest in when he was placed on waivers during the offseason and talked to once he became a free agent, was recently DFA’d by the Toronto Blue Jays.
If the Mets qualify for the postseason, Hand will not be eligible because he will not have been on the roster by Sept. 1.
Hand signed with the Washington Nationals before the season after the Cleveland Indians placed him on waivers due to a money crunch.
He was traded from the Nats to the Blue Jays in July but struggled badly in Toronto (allowing seven runs in 8.2 IP), which led to him being DFA’d on Tuesday.
In 52 games this season for the Nats and Blue Jays, the 31-year-old Hand has a 4.21 ERA (4.87 FIP) and 1.26 WHIP with 47 strikeouts in 51.1 IP.
- Fuel Management Systems Market Is Going to Boom with Trimble, Timeplan Fuel Solutions, Fleetmatics Group
- Digital Experience Platforms Software Market Expansion to be Persistent During 2026: Sitefinity, Jahia, Infosys
- Internet of Things in Energy and Utility Applications Market to See Huge Growth by 2026 | General Electric, Honeywell, Fujitsu, SAP
- Insurance Telematics Market to see Booming Business Sentiments | Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Trimble Navigation, Trak Global Group
- Machine Learning in Communication Market May See Robust Growth By 2026: Nexmo, facebook, Google
- Telco Customer Experience Management Market Is Booming Worldwide with ChatterPlug, Tech Mahindra, IBM, InMoment, Huawei, Wipro