PepsiCo Inc (NASDAQ: PEP) announced pep+ (pep Positive) – an end-to-end strategic transformation built around sustainability on Wednesday. Shares of the $215 billion company closed more than 0.5% up today.
As part of the new initiative, the beverage giant wants to hit a few ambitious targets, including net-zero emissions by 2040, net water positive by 2030, and a 50% less use of virgin plastic per serving by 2030.
CEO Ramon Laguarta’s remarks on CNBC’s “Closing Bell”
Are you looking for fast-news, hot-tips and market analysis?
Sign-up for the Invezz newsletter, today.
On CNBC’s “Closing Bell”, CEO Ramon Laguarta said brands that are positioning themselves as sustainable are growing faster. Commenting further on pep+, he said:
One of our responsibilities as a multi-billion-dollar company that owns 23 brands and engages with consumers from around the world is to spread awareness about these societal problems and educate consumers to make different decisions when they shop for food or beverages.
PepsiCo aims at outperforming rivals with pep+ that appeals to consumers who wish to know what’s behind the company and its products.
PepsiCo wants Lays to be the lowest sodium potato chips in the market
Laguarta also said that PepsiCo was actively working on minimising the use of ingredients in its products that are not good for health.
The future of some of our brands holds in being healthier. For example, in the case of Lays, we want to be the lowest sodium potato chips in the market, even below what WHO is setting a standard for. So, our ambition is to keep making our products better.
PepsiCo also wants to scale “regenerative farming” by 2030, which will help reverse climate change, the CEO added.
67% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Fuel Management Systems Market Is Going to Boom with Trimble, Timeplan Fuel Solutions, Fleetmatics Group
- Digital Experience Platforms Software Market Expansion to be Persistent During 2026: Sitefinity, Jahia, Infosys
- Internet of Things in Energy and Utility Applications Market to See Huge Growth by 2026 | General Electric, Honeywell, Fujitsu, SAP
- Insurance Telematics Market to see Booming Business Sentiments | Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Trimble Navigation, Trak Global Group
- Machine Learning in Communication Market May See Robust Growth By 2026: Nexmo, facebook, Google
- Telco Customer Experience Management Market Is Booming Worldwide with ChatterPlug, Tech Mahindra, IBM, InMoment, Huawei, Wipro