Kriti Sanon rings in her 31st birthday today and while she was all smiles at a grand celebration thrown by her team last night in the presence of a few select paparazzi, where she also happily spoke about Mimi releasing earlier than planned, it seems that the smiles are but a facade to hide the sadness that has come by on her special day of all days. Some very disturbing news about the birthday girl’s latest release has rolled in and it could be the worst gift anybody could be given on this day, especially if you belong to the film fraternity. Apparently, Kriti Sanon’s latest release Mimi, which has released four days earlier than planned, has nothing to do with the date coinciding with the actress’ birthday and everything to do with the movie getting leaked online.
According to a well-placed source in the industry, Mimi was going to be released as per plan as some of the promotional strategies, including interviews with Kriti Sanon, Pankaj Tripathi and Sai Tamhankar were still pending. However, the makers along with Netflix had to opt for this knee-jerk reaction after suddenly being hit with the shocking reality that their film got leaked online yesterday itself, after which they were left with no other option but to hastily release the movie on Netflix four days before its planned release on 30th July.
What’s more, said source also reveals that seeing that no less 4k pirated copies of Mimi were available on several torrent sites as also on the Telegram sharing app, the makers have even arranged a dual OTT release on both Netflix and Jio Cinemas to try and urge more viewers to see the original version of the Laxman Utekar directorial, considering that not many in the country subscribe to Netflix given its exorbitant fees. Expectedly, producer Dinesh Vijan of Maddock Films has tried to gloss over the situation by stating that the film can come early just as babies are born prematurely, since it’s Kriti Sanon’s birthday.
Stay tuned to BollywoodLife for the latest scoops and updates from Bollywood, Hollywood, South, TV and Web-Series.
Click to join us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram.
Also follow us on Facebook Messenger for latest updates.
- Fuel Management Systems Market Is Going to Boom with Trimble, Timeplan Fuel Solutions, Fleetmatics Group
- Digital Experience Platforms Software Market Expansion to be Persistent During 2026: Sitefinity, Jahia, Infosys
- Internet of Things in Energy and Utility Applications Market to See Huge Growth by 2026 | General Electric, Honeywell, Fujitsu, SAP
- Insurance Telematics Market to see Booming Business Sentiments | Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Trimble Navigation, Trak Global Group
- Machine Learning in Communication Market May See Robust Growth By 2026: Nexmo, facebook, Google
- Telco Customer Experience Management Market Is Booming Worldwide with ChatterPlug, Tech Mahindra, IBM, InMoment, Huawei, Wipro