Solana, a crypto project that has been making headlines after the stellar performance of its native token, has come back online after its mainnet suffered a downtime for the better part of yesterday. The project’s developers unveiled this news earlier today, noting that blockchain validators came back online engineers worked tirelessly to restore the service. The network was out for almost 20 hours.
Reportedly, the developers brought the network back to life shortly after 5:30 AM UTC after creating a patch that held across a network of validators. The overall sentiment across the Solana community on Discord was that of relief after the developers announced that they had broken through. However, the service did not run at full capacity following the fix, according to a tweet from the Solana Foundation.
Are you looking for fast-news, hot-tips and market analysis?
Sign-up for the Invezz newsletter, today.
According to the Solana Foundation, the Solana mainnet experienced a massive increase in transaction load, which peaked at 400,000 transactions per second. As a result, the transactions flooded the transaction processing queue. Due to a lack of prioritization of network-critical messaging, the network started forking.
The forking resulted in excessive memory consumption, which caused several nodes to go offline. While engineers attempted to deal with the matter immediately, they were unsuccessful, resulting in a prolonged outage.
After receiving the news of the network coming back online, the Solana community seemed cheerful, helping Solana (SOL/USD) recover some of its losses. The coin plunged to $143.55 (£103.90) after opening the day at $169.77 (£122.85). At the time of writing, the coin is changing hands at $159.83 but is still down 5.13% over the past 24 hours.
This news comes after SOL became the center of attraction in the crypto space after making moon shots over a short period. The coin surged to set a new all-time high (ATH) at $214.96 (£155.59) before an overall bearish trend took over the market, sending it on a steep decline. While the coin’s current price represents a 25.49% drop from its ATH, it is worth noting that it also denotes a gain of over 300% over the last 30 days.
67% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Fuel Management Systems Market Is Going to Boom with Trimble, Timeplan Fuel Solutions, Fleetmatics Group
- Digital Experience Platforms Software Market Expansion to be Persistent During 2026: Sitefinity, Jahia, Infosys
- Internet of Things in Energy and Utility Applications Market to See Huge Growth by 2026 | General Electric, Honeywell, Fujitsu, SAP
- Insurance Telematics Market to see Booming Business Sentiments | Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Trimble Navigation, Trak Global Group
- Machine Learning in Communication Market May See Robust Growth By 2026: Nexmo, facebook, Google
- Telco Customer Experience Management Market Is Booming Worldwide with ChatterPlug, Tech Mahindra, IBM, InMoment, Huawei, Wipro