Sunderland’s League One (third-tier) game at Accrington Stanley on Tuesday has been postponed because Sunderland are still dealing with a recent Covid-19 outbreak in their camp, the English Football League said on Sunday.
Sunderland said last week that after one player tested positive for the novel coronavirus, selected players and staff underwent additional testing, of which four more returned positive results.
The date for the rearranged fixture will be confirmed later, the EFL said. It is the fourth successive Sunderland game to be called off after their trip to Shrewsbury Town and home games against Blackpool and Hull City were also cancelled.
- Takeaways: What should Tennessee’s punishment be for ugly scene in Knoxville?
- The Flash teaser: Ezra Miller shares a glimpse of Michael Keaton’s Batman
- Akshay Kumar thanks retired Army officer for pointing out mistake in the Gorkha poster : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- Back to the past to remain Chennai Super Kings’ motto | Cricket News – Times of India
- Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan counselled in NCB custody; star kid promises to make Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede proud one day : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- UFC reveals the stacked fight card for UFC 269 during the broadcast of UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs. Dumont