The tournament will be held from October 17 to November 14 in the UAE and Oman.
The new shirt, called the ‘Billion Cheers Jersey’, has been inspired by fans and was unveiled by MPL Sports, the official kit sponsor of the Indian men’s, women’s, and Under-19 teams.
Presenting the Billion Cheers Jersey! The patterns on the jersey are inspired by the billion cheers of the fans.… https://t.co/FSqoFLEIN5
— BCCI (@BCCI) 1634113800000
“This is the first time in the history of Indian cricket that fans have been memorialised on a jersey. It carries their chants and cheers from iconic past matches, transformed into unique soundwave patterns,” stated a release from MPL Sports.
The jersey comes in shades of prussian blue and royal blue.
BCCI president Sourav Ganguly said, “The Indian cricket team enjoys support not just in India but around the world, and there’s no better way to celebrate their excitement and energy than through this jersey.
“This will undoubtedly provide the team with the much-needed enthusiastic support in their quest to emerge as the T20 champions of the world. We are also pleased to see that MPL Sports continues to deliver merchandise that is widely affordable and accessible.”
The board’s secretary Jay Shah echoed the view.
“The story behind the jersey is a story of every Indian cricket fan. We are sure that wearing this will be a matter of great pride for both the team and supporters alike.”
The jersey will be available in stores for Rs 1,799. Along with this, over 10 variations, including a player edition jersey and skipper Virat Kohli‘s signature number 18 jersey, have been launched.
- Takeaways: What should Tennessee’s punishment be for ugly scene in Knoxville?
- The Flash teaser: Ezra Miller shares a glimpse of Michael Keaton’s Batman
- Akshay Kumar thanks retired Army officer for pointing out mistake in the Gorkha poster : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- Back to the past to remain Chennai Super Kings’ motto | Cricket News – Times of India
- Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan counselled in NCB custody; star kid promises to make Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede proud one day : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- UFC reveals the stacked fight card for UFC 269 during the broadcast of UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs. Dumont