Yoga does not just help improve physical health but is great for your mental health too. Here are 11 don’ts of yoga that you must keep in mind before practising yoga next time.
Do not overexert
Even if you are performing some simple asanas, do not overexert yourself. On the scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is the easiest, every asana you perform does not have to be 10. Some can be 8, 7 or even lesser. Also, it depends on your body and daily routine.
Do not perform yoga in extreme weather conditions, like when it is too hot, too cold or too humid.
Mind your breath
Breathing plays a vital role in yoga practice. One should not hold their breath unnaturally until instructed by the trained. Breathe normally unless any special instructions are given.
Yoga after meals
Do not perform yoga right after having meals. Wait for at least 2-3 hours so that the food can settle down by the time you start your practice.
Say no when exhausted
Many people take yoga practice as a light one, which is not true. Yoga sessions can make you sweat like anything. Thus, when you are tired or ill, avoid practising yoga so as not to overexert your body.
This is not a rule but a guideline, do not practice yoga alone. It’s best to find a partner and practice under somebody’s guidance.
Just reading and practice can lead to muscle pull or discomfort. If you are doing advanced posture for the first time, it’s best to take someone’s assistance.
Do not wear tight clothing
Say no to shoes and tight clothing while performing yoga. Tight upper back clothing can restrict the movement of the rib cage and lung that can result in incomplete breathing.
It’s a must to take a shower after a sweaty workout. But do not shower immediately and let the body dry normally before you head to the shower room.
Do not do the ‘feet up’ (inverse) poses while menstruating. Perform simple relaxation and breathing poses while you are on your periods.
Post yoga workout
It is suggested not to perform any high-intensity workout post-yoga session. Perform it before the yoga session if you are planning to.
Do not drink too much water in between the yoga practice. You can have some sips in between to overcome your thirst. Having too much water can make you feel heavy and hinder your practice.
- Fuel Management Systems Market Is Going to Boom with Trimble, Timeplan Fuel Solutions, Fleetmatics Group
- Digital Experience Platforms Software Market Expansion to be Persistent During 2026: Sitefinity, Jahia, Infosys
- Internet of Things in Energy and Utility Applications Market to See Huge Growth by 2026 | General Electric, Honeywell, Fujitsu, SAP
- Insurance Telematics Market to see Booming Business Sentiments | Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Trimble Navigation, Trak Global Group
- Machine Learning in Communication Market May See Robust Growth By 2026: Nexmo, facebook, Google
- Telco Customer Experience Management Market Is Booming Worldwide with ChatterPlug, Tech Mahindra, IBM, InMoment, Huawei, Wipro