Shares of Tiptree Inc (NASDAQ: TIPT) jumped nearly 30% on Tuesday morning as Warburg Pincus invested $200 million in its insurance subsidiary, The Fortegra Group LLC.
The $456 million company now has a price to earnings ratio of 7.61.
Warburg Pincus secured a 24% ownership stake in the insurance firm
Are you looking for fast-news, hot-tips and market analysis?
Sign-up for the Invezz newsletter, today.
The strategic investment secured a 24% ownership stake for Warburg Pincus in the insurance firm and is likely to close next year in the first quarter, the press release added. Commenting on the news, Dan Zilberman of Warburg Pincus said:
Fortegra’s talented management team has built a world-class speciality insurance platform delivering high-quality products and services to its customers worldwide. We are excited to partner with Rick Kahlbaugh and Tiptree’s experienced management team and are committed to Fortegra’s continued growth and long-term success.
Also on Tuesday, Bond Vet also announced the close of a $170 million investment from Warburg Pincus.
Warburg Pincus is known for its investments in the insurance sector
The global growth investor is known for its focus on the insurance sector, with investments in Cox Insurance Holdings, Max Life, PetPlan, ICICI Lombard Insurance, McGill and partners, SBI General Insurance, and RenaissanceRe, to name a few.
Founded in the late 1970s, Fortegra is a Florida-based speciality insurer that remained consistently profitable amidst the pandemic. It underwrites more than $2.0 billion of gross written premiums and premium equivalents every year.
Fortegra’s strong growth trajectory evident from its H1 performance partially inspired Warburg Pincus to make a sizable investment in the insurance firm.
67% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Takeaways: What should Tennessee’s punishment be for ugly scene in Knoxville?
- The Flash teaser: Ezra Miller shares a glimpse of Michael Keaton’s Batman
- Akshay Kumar thanks retired Army officer for pointing out mistake in the Gorkha poster : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- Back to the past to remain Chennai Super Kings’ motto | Cricket News – Times of India
- Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan counselled in NCB custody; star kid promises to make Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede proud one day : Bollywood News – Bollywood Hungama
- UFC reveals the stacked fight card for UFC 269 during the broadcast of UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs. Dumont