Quite a few Tollywood celebrities came under the radar of Enforcement Directorate after a drug scandal was busted in 2017. As per reports, celebrities like Rana Daggubati, Rakul Preet Singh, Ravi Teja, Charmee Kaur, Navdeep, Mumaith Khan, Tanish, Nandu, and many others received a summon in this case. Now, it has been reported that director Puri Jagannadh has been asked to come for questioning.
As per a report in Times of India, Puri Jagannadh will be questioned by the Enforcement Directorate today. The ED has reportedly filed 12 cases under Prevention of Money Laundering Act. Reportedly, 11 chargesheets have also been filed in this case. The SIT is said to have filed chargesheet under Narcotic Drug and Psychotropic Substances Act. The celebrities summoned are expected to attend between September 2 and 22. So far, it is reported that all the celebrities have denied any connection in this case.
An ED official is said to have quoted, “Around 12 cases were booked by Telangana Excise and Prohibition department and 11 charge sheets were filled. Mostly drug traffickers, around eight persons were charge-sheeted in the cases then. Most of them are lower-level drug traffickers. We have called excise officials as witnesses. Likewise, till we get evidence, Tollywood celebrities will be considered witnesses. Likewise, till we get evidence, Tollywood celebrities will be considered as witnesses. Their names have figured in the investigation.”
Reportedly, the ED has mentioned in the past that they have found evidence of financial transaction between celebrities and drug traffickers. If the celebrities are found guilty of money laundering, a case will be filed against them. Further details in this case are awaited.
Stay tuned to BollywoodLife for the latest scoops and updates from Bollywood, Hollywood, South, TV and Web-Series.
Click to join us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram.
Also follow us on Facebook Messenger for latest updates.
- Fuel Management Systems Market Is Going to Boom with Trimble, Timeplan Fuel Solutions, Fleetmatics Group
- Digital Experience Platforms Software Market Expansion to be Persistent During 2026: Sitefinity, Jahia, Infosys
- Internet of Things in Energy and Utility Applications Market to See Huge Growth by 2026 | General Electric, Honeywell, Fujitsu, SAP
- Insurance Telematics Market to see Booming Business Sentiments | Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Trimble Navigation, Trak Global Group
- Machine Learning in Communication Market May See Robust Growth By 2026: Nexmo, facebook, Google
- Telco Customer Experience Management Market Is Booming Worldwide with ChatterPlug, Tech Mahindra, IBM, InMoment, Huawei, Wipro