Wiggins posterizes ex-teammate Towns in terrific first half originally appeared on NBC Sports Bayarea
Perhaps it was due to facing his former team, but Andrew Wiggins played with a little something extra Wednesday night against the Minnesota Timberwolves. He got off to a tremendous start, and ultimately didn’t miss a single shot in the first half.
But without a doubt, one basket stood out among the rest.
Midway through the second quarter, Wiggins got the ball in the corner. Instead of launching a wide-open 3-pointer, he drove to the hoop, elevated, and posterized his former teammate, Karl-Anthony Towns.
That’s the kind of aggression the Warriors would love to see more consistently from Wiggins. Though it’s hard to complain with his production in the first half.
Wiggins set a season-high with 22 points in the first half alone, shooting a perfect 9-for-9 from the field. He sent Golden State into halftime with a 69-54 lead with a lay-in at the buzzer.
A lot went right for the Warriors in the first half on Wednesday night, and Wiggins was at the center of all of it.
- China forcing migration of Uyghur Muslims from Xinjiang, says report – Times of India
- “They are just too strong” – Michael Owen predicts the result for Chelsea vs Manchester United
- #VicKat wedding: Everything about Katrina Kaif’s ₹1 lakh Rajasthani Mehendi
- Nagaland takes travel inspiration from USA’s Sturgis, aims for off-road tourism
- Should you buy Apple stock as it nears a breakout? | Invezz
- Ed Orgeron will not coach LSU in bowl game: ‘I’m packing to go to Destin’