Sensing major resistance and facing intense criticism worldwide, the messaging app had to further defer the deadline. WhatsApp said they are moving back the date by three months to May 15 on which people will be asked to review and accept the terms.
Will your account be deleted?
Court case in India
Clarification by WhatsApp
As per the highlights of the FAQs, the following has been summed up:
1. WhatsApp cannot see your private messages or hear your calls and neither can Facebook.
2. WhatsApp does not keep logs of who everyone is messaging or calling.
3. WhatsApp cannot see your shared location and neither can Facebook.
4. WhatsApp does not share your contacts with Facebook.
5. WhatsApp groups remain private.
6. You can set your messages to disappear.
7. You can download your data.
- Fuel Management Systems Market Is Going to Boom with Trimble, Timeplan Fuel Solutions, Fleetmatics Group
- Digital Experience Platforms Software Market Expansion to be Persistent During 2026: Sitefinity, Jahia, Infosys
- Internet of Things in Energy and Utility Applications Market to See Huge Growth by 2026 | General Electric, Honeywell, Fujitsu, SAP
- Insurance Telematics Market to see Booming Business Sentiments | Verizon Enterprise Solutions, Trimble Navigation, Trak Global Group
- Machine Learning in Communication Market May See Robust Growth By 2026: Nexmo, facebook, Google
- Telco Customer Experience Management Market Is Booming Worldwide with ChatterPlug, Tech Mahindra, IBM, InMoment, Huawei, Wipro