Ranveer Singh’s next project – the Hindi remake of Anniyan or Apirichit as we know it – was announced a few months ago, amid huge fanfare. Celebrated director Shankar will be helming it and Ranveer will be paired opposite Ranveer Singh for the first time ever. But it seems all of it was too good to be true. Or maybe not!
The film they were planning has now ended in a legal tangle of sorts and is currently in limbo. A source informed Bollywood Hungama, “The original makers have filed a case against Shankar after he went ahead and announced the remake. V Ravichandran, who produced the original, has called for a stop on work on the remake with immediate effect as he claims to have the rights to the story. While the legal case is now going to be fought, Shankar’s Anniyan remake is definitely going to get delayed.”
Meanwhile, Shankar is wrapping up his next pan India film starring Kiara and Ram Charan. And he’s already discussing another big film with Ranveer and Kiara. The same source adds, “He has blocked bulk dates from the two stars and they definitely want to do a film together. Shankar has bounced off another idea to Ranveer. If he likes it, the filmmaker plans to kick-start that film instead of the Anniyan remake with the same cast in the same timeline they had earlier decided on. That also will be mounted on a lavish scale, is an action entertainer with a strong message, like most Shankar films. Nothing else is known of it apart from just that much. Everything is very hush hush as of now.”
More Pages: Anniyan Remake Box Office Collection
Catch us for latest Bollywood News, New Bollywood Movies update, Box office collection, New Movies Release, Bollywood News Hindi, Entertainment News, Bollywood News Today & upcoming movies 2021 and stay updated with latest hindi movies only on Bollywood Hungama.
- T20 World Cup: Top 5 India performances | Cricket News – Times of India
- Ishaan visits Ananya’s home with flowers; trolls say it’s to ensure she doesn’t name him in drugs case
- uzbekistan: Uzbek president heading toward landslide win in elections – Times of India
- China passes new land border law amid military standoff with India – Times of India
- Masters champion Matsuyama wins by 5 shots in Japan
- cpec: US sabotaging China-Pakistan Economic Corridor: Pakistan PM’s aide – Times of India